Amazon Prime Video continuously improves its service, providing new features and products to make the experience better. You can watch your favorite shows or movies on a Chromecast, Fire TV Stick, PC, tablet, or smartphone. While you can add profiles (on select devices) to your account so that each household member has a “personalized” section of their own, others can still use yours and view your watch history and watchlist. This scenario is due to the use of one account for several profiles.
This article shows you how to delete videos and data from your Watch next section, Watchlist section, and your history. It doesn’t matter whether you’re trying to hide how much America’s Next Top Model you’ve watched or looking to remove shows your friends and family viewed on the account. You’ll learn how to delete items from your Amazon Prime Video viewing history and your Watch Next section on the main page. Here’s how to do it.
Removing Watch Next Items from Amazon Prime Video
The Watch next category found on the “Home” page and in each category within a browser will show a carousel-style thumb gallery of your recently watched, unfinished films and episodes/seasons. You’ll find this section on the top half of the page, surrounded by other slidable carousels for prime movies, free movies, TV, and more. Anyone using the account can easily see your watched items and even add them to the list as they use your account.
Luckily, removing videos from the “Watch next” section of the website or app is very easy.
Remove Amazon Prime Watch Next Items from a Browser or the Windows 10 App
- Open the Windows 10 Prime Video app and skip to step 2, or access your Amazon Prime account in a browser, and then click the Watch on amazon button to view your Prime Home page. You can also go to amazon.com directly, but this takes you to where you need faster.
- In the Watch next section, click on the blue Edit link at the top right of the sliding carousel.
- A large circled X will appear at the center of each thumbnail in the sliding carousel. Click the X on each title you want to remove, and then click Done at the top right.
The Watch next section on your homepage and all Categories pages will no longer display the titles you’ve just removed.
Of course, if you happen to watch a show in the future, it will reappear on the list. There’s nothing to worry about, as you can remove it again by following the above steps.
Deleting Prime Video Watchlist Items from the Browser or Windows 10 App
You can also delete Watchlist items using the same procedures above, except you click on the My Stuff tab instead of the Home tab. Hovering over an item displays a removal icon that looks like a notepad with a checkmark.
Click on the notepad icon to remove the items you’d like from the Watchlist.
Remove Amazon Prime Watch Next Items from Android or iOS App
Mobile users can follow these steps to remove content from their Watch Next folder.
- Launch the Prime Video app from your iOS or Android device.
- In the Watch next section, press and hold items you want to delete from the list.
- In the popup menu, select Remove From List for Android or Not Interested for iOS.
Remove Amazon Prime Watchlist Items in Android or iOS App
Deleting the Watchlist items in the Android or iOS Prime Video app uses the same process as above for deleting Watch next items, except you navigate to My Stuff > Watchlist and click the vertical ellipsis (3 dots) icon. Select Remove from Watchlist.
Remove Amazon Prime Continue Watching Items on a Roku Device
- In the Prime Video app homepage, scroll down to the item you want to remove under the Continue watching section and click the * button on your Roku remote to bring up the quick menu.
- Now, scroll up and select Remove From List from the list of options.
As with most other devices, it’s that easy to remove a show or movie from your watchlist on a Roku device.
Removing Viewed History from Amazon Prime Video
Prime uses your history to make recommendations and personalize your experience. If other people use your account, their activities are also stored. Your previous views are not used for a specific category, especially since Prime does not have a history section in the interface—only the Watch next section that maintains partially viewed content like those TV show seasons, movies, and documentaries.
Deleting your watch history in Amazon Prime Video still preserves it if you want to undo any deletions later. Amazon still has access to the information for future use should you decide to undo your actions and continue personalizing your selections and making your experience better.
No matter what reason you want to delete Amazon Prime history, here’s how to do it from the Windows 10, iOS, Android apps, and the website.
Deleting Amazon Prime Video History In a Browser or iOS, Android, and Windows 10 Apps
History is different from the “Watch next” category. The process of how to delete watched Primed Video titles is the same, whether you access it from the iOS, Android, the Windows 10 app, or you use a browser. In fact, your Prime Video history can only be deleted through your account in a browser, but you can access that option through the apps as well.
Delete Amazon Prime History in Windows 10 App
The Prime history is a list of shows and movies you’ve watched before. If you’d like to remove it on the Windows 10 app, here’s how:
- In the Windows 10 app, click the gear icon in the bottom-left corner to open Account settings. For browsers, go to step 3.
- While in the Account settings menu, click on My Account to open the website.
- The webpage (to access your account) is the only way to edit your history. Under Account and Settings, click the Activity tab.
- Click on View watch history.
- To remove select history items, click on Hide this. The video will disappear from the list.
Take note that you are not actually deleting your history altogether, but you are hiding it. Amazon still has a record of what you’ve watched. At the least, it hides it from others or helps reduce your list. You can undo deletions by clicking Hidden videos under Watch history shown in Step 4 above.
Deleting Amazon Video History from Android and iOS
The Amazon Prime app for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets does not offer a way to delete your history and does not redirect you to a browser through any options.
However, you can delete your search history.
- Open the Prime Video app on your iOS or Android device, then tap on My Stuff in the bottom-right section.
- Tap the gear icon in the top-right section to launch Prime Video Settings.
- Select Clear video search history.
Deleting Amazon Video History from a Browser
- Go to the Amazon Prime Video website and log into your account. Click on the small gear icon in the top-right corner of the page and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Log in again if prompted, then click Watch History.
- Select Delete Movie/Episodes from Watch History
The video will promptly disappear from the page, and you’ll see a message that confirms its removal from your watched history.
Deleting Amazon Prime Video history from the website also deletes the items from the Watch Next list on the main page, therefore, taking care of both areas at once.
If you still want to keep the watched videos in your history for future reference, you can follow the first set of steps in this article to delete items from your Watch Next list. This process removes videos and shows from your “Watch Next” section while preserving them in your history for future reference. One last thing to note is that deleted shows and movies can still get reinserted into both areas if the same video is watched again, such as a TV show series or if you choose to restore your deletions.
We’ve included some more information in this section to help you take back control of your Prime Video account.
Why would I delete videos in my history on Prime Video?
You may have partially watched a TV show or movie, or perhaps you have too much data in that sector. You may also want to delete specific videos that affect how Amazon personalizes your experience. Regardless, the biggest reason may be to prevent other profile users from seeing what you’ve watched or want to watch.
Why would I delete Watch next items in Amazon Prime Video?
In theory, the Watch next category is there for your convenience. It allows you to continue watching your shows and movies from where you left off with just a couple of clicks.
Without the Watch next section, you would have to search for the show manually, select the season from the drop-down menu, and then scroll down the page to find the next episode.
Watch next items help you find something quick to enjoy that has more to offer. However, other people that use the same account can just as easily see what you’ve watched, and you can see what other people have watched on your account too, which can get annoying or affect your privacy.
Removing Your History from Prime Video
Removing your history or watchlist from Amazon Prime Video is only a matter of clicking a few buttons and keys. Whether you’re tidying up your content or removing a show you didn’t like; now you can get it done on any device.
What was the reason you removed content? How often do you clear out your watchlist and history? Let us know below.
You May Like Also